Here are some pics:
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Pikes Peak
Yesterday, myself and one of the other fellows hikes Pikes Peak. It's a 26 miles round trip with a 7,510 ft elevation gain (the summit is at 14,110). We started out at 5am, hiked for an hour and a half in the dark, eventually summitting at 11am (we were actually the first people to summit that day). The total trip took us 11 hours and 7 minutes, which is pretty good considering if you look up Barr Trail online it's an estimated 16 hours round trip. Anyways, now i'm really sore so I'm just going to sit around and read all day - which I need to do regardless.
Here are some pics:






Here are some pics:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! Unbelievable! I expect your still sore today (Thurs). I had to put Jill's aspirations in perspective today - NO , we will not be able to do that hike when we visit next week :). MOM
hi chriser!
can't wait to see you thursday!
i'm curious, with whom did you do that wonderful hike??
xoxo- Annie
With Karen. There were about six of us that wanted to do it initially, but then as the day got nearer, they started dropping like flies. It didn't help that we had to wake up at 4:30 on a saturday.
Post a Comment